In Divorce: Think Financially, Not Emotionally® Volume II, Jeff Landers adds more insight into the most important issues covered in Volume I, and he discusses many completely new topics, as well. Throughout the following chapters, you’ll find essential information that every divorcing woman needs to know, including:
- Why you might want to keep a secret fund
- What you can and cannot withdraw from joint accounts
- The financial impacts of moving out of the marital home
- The pros and cons of filing first
- How to divide stock, stock options and restricted stock
- Student loans: Are they part of marital debt?
- Ways to protect inheritances and gifts
- How being a stay-at-home mom can affect your divorce and your financial future
- Special considerations for women who earn more than their husbands
- How dual citizenship impacts divorce
- …and much more!
Thinking financially is not always easy, particularly if you’re in the early stages of divorce, when you’re probably experiencing anger, betrayal, loss, shock, numbness, confusion, panic—or a combination of them all. But even if thinking financially is not always easy, it is possible . . . and this book will show you how. You’ll learn that with a little guidance, the proper planning and a sound strategy, you’ll be able to emerge from your divorce in the best financial shape possible.